Thursday, August 13, 2009

Maple Ave.


For some reason its small details that show me that time really is moving forward. As made my way home on my skateboard a few weeks ago after delivering my belated graduation thank-you's I noticed that the street I was on was not the familiar street it once was. Maple Ave. was beginning to weather. Its previously smooth surfaces were starting to crack and wrinkle like an aging face. This was the street that had taken me to and from school, McDonald's, and meetings with friends countless times in previous years. In those days Maple's pavement was new enough that I could do a trick over each crack on my way home from middle school and make it there in ten or fifteen minuets. But on this day if I had popped my board over each crack it would have taken me hours to get home. Though Maple Ave. made me realize that day that it isn't just it that has changed significantly since those days...we both have.

No comments:

Post a Comment